Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Week 13 -Mother Tell Me the Story

We needed to start learning a song for Mother's Day so I introduced "Mother tell me the story" by acting the song out with Cole. I sort of rocked him back and forth with a blanket while we sang the song to each other. I know I use Cole too much, and I hope that doesn't offend people. He's very convenient.

Then, I had four books displayed (since the song is about bedtime stories), labeled as book 1,2,3,or 4. In each book was a line from the first verse of the song (which is the only verse the kids need to learn). I called on someone to come up and try to find the first line of our song in book one. Once is was found we practiced that part of the song. We continued this for the rest of the books. For the "mommy" verse of the song, I passed out the words to the teachers and they filled in as the "mommies".

No comments: