Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Week 14-Whooooo loves to sing?

My sister-in-law Liesel made the most adorable owls for Valentine's Day (her family's theme was "Owl love you forever") and when I commented on her blog about them,(how I'd love to fit owls into singing time somehow) she offered to make some and send them to me. Are you kidding me? How nice is that? She sent me enough owl parts on the cutest paper to make 10 large and 10 small owls and she even came up with the name for the singing time activity..."Whooooo loves to sing?" Very clever.

We had a good number of songs under our belt and I didn't want to add another new song so it was great to use the owls as a review game. I brought a little stuffed owl (which actually belongs to Grandma) and tossed it to someone sitting reverently. As I threw it I said, "Whoooo love's to sing?" Once the child caught it, I said "Tyler, (or whatever name), do you love to sing?" If the answer was yes, then "Tyler" got to pick out a mommy owl from the tree. On the back of the mommy owl was a song, and on the corresponding baby owl, was a way to sing the song.

For example:
I Know that my Savior Love's me: you lead
He Sent His Son: just your class sings
Follow the prophet: leave out the word 'prophet'
The Church of Jesus Christ: Sing acupella (sp?)
Mother, tell me the story: sing with the lights out
We sang other songs too that won't be part of the primary program, but you get the gist.



1 comment:

Clark and Liesel said...

Your owls turned out so cute!! I am glad you were able to use them. You are such an amazing woman. I enjoyed reading all about the super fun and very creative things you come up to teach the songs! You are truly a talented lady. Love you!