Sunday, February 7, 2010

Another Project that took Forever!

I wanted to help the kids feel excited when they learn one of our primary program songs (and I can't remember which website I saw a similar idea to this) so I told them that once they learned our first song (I Know that my Savior Love Me) they would all be official members of the "Music is Cool Club". Today I passed out the membership cards to them. Their names and class name (membership level) is on the front. On the back of the card is a chart with all the songs and a box to place a sticker once that song is mastered. So they each got to put one sticker on their chart. This process created a little bit of choas but it was manageable. Then I had them pass their cards back to their teacher so the teachers can keep them safe (I can't risk any kids losing their cards--I had to make about 70 of them so it might make me cry!)

I told the kids that at the end of the year, everyone who has filled their chart with stickers gets a (small) prize. Of course, no one will be denied a prize.

6 comments:

Clark and Liesel said...

Amy you are soooo talented! I enjoyed reading your music blog and seeing all the many cute things you are doing as Primary Choirister. I know that calling takes a lot of work and can be time consuming. So, I am glad you are enjoying it. I wish i loved closer to see you in action. You are an inspiration to me!

oculowoman said...

Wow, Amy, you are definitely magnifying your calling! Music is what kids remember from primary more than ANYTHING else. It is SO important and it really touches people. I think what you are doing to teach the kids is inspiring. You have a real talent that you are sharing with those kids. Great job! We were singing "I Know That My Savior Loves Me" for FHE last night and Riley got a little sad because he realized it was the last song he was going to learn in Primary (his last week is this Sunday). Good Primary Choristers - like YOU are SOOOOO important. Sorry this comment is so long, but I appreciate you doing such a great job in your very important calling! Love, Kaelyn

Megan Lindsey said...

Aww Amy, this sounds like the perfect calling for you!! Sounds like you're doing a lot of fun things with the kids!! And they love it!!
I always make Tom sing the 'Jesus wants me for a sunbeam' song cause he's so cute when he sings it and emphasizes 'beam' like crazy.
Miss you Ames!! Love you!!

Unknown said...

Amy, Wow!! Are you really "my" daughter??!! You are soooo creative!! Those primary kids are so lucky to have you. You will have an impact on them for the rest of their lives! I still remember my primary choristers and the songs they taught me. And I know you girls remember yours, too, (Barbara Lewis!!) It is the primary choristers like you, that kids never forget. Doing all the things you do for your calling, shows the kids you love them and that you love Jesus!!!
Mommy loves Amy!!!!!!

clark larson said...

I am flattered that you liked my owls and want to maybe use owls in your Primary! If you want me to email you a template to cut out some owls by hand I am am happy to send it to you. But if you have your own that is awesome too! You are amazing and I am so lucky that you are my sister! :) You could say, "Whooooo loves to sing?!"

clark larson said...

that last one was actually from Liesel :)