Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Week 6-He Sent His Son cont'd

We had already learned the first 2 questions and answers for "He Sent His Son" so my goal was to learn the 3rd question and answer. On the chalkboard I hung the cards we had learned so far with the new ones covered up.

I had one of the kids reveal the new question, "How could the Father tell the world of sacrifice, of death?" We talked about what those two "grown-up" words meant. Then I told them that before we showed the answer I needed to tell them about what was in my bag. (I knew I needed to have hearts today because it was Valentine's Day.) I carried my bag over in front of everyone, pretending that it was really heavy. I said that I had a picture of someone in my bag who loves them sooo much. I said that He loved them so much that as soon as I put His picture in my bag, the bag was filled up with love. Then I started pulling out handfuls of hearts and letting them fall on the floor. As I pulled out more and more hearts I continued talking about how this person loved them so much and how I knew that He loved them so much because He did the most loving thing in the world for them. By this point, they all knew that a picture of Jesus was in the bag and they helped tell about what He had done for us that was so loving (sacrificing His life for us) and how because of Him we can live again. I showed them the picture which was of Jesus with a little child (one that was in a beautiful frame that I had borrowed from my parents.) They liked the picture and the big mess of hearts I had made on the floor.

Then I had someone come up and reveal the answer, "He sent His son to die for us and rise with living breath".

No comments: