Sunday, February 7, 2010

Week 5-He Sent His Son

We got to start a new song this week--"He Sent His Son". I told the kids that the song was made up of questions and answers and today we would learn the first question and answer and the second question and answer. So I had 2 question marks and 2 A's taped on the chalkboard, covering the actual questions and answers.


Then I picked someone to come up and remove the first question mark to reveal the first question "How could the Father tell the world of love and tenderness?"

This next idea I got from Sis. Stebbing (a chorister from a previous ward). I told the kids that we had a special guest to help us figure out the answer to this question. Our guest was a little 1 month old boy. I had the pianist play the song in the background as the mommy of this little boy walked around to all the children so they could all get an up close look at the baby. I told them to think about how the baby made them feel in their heart (love, peace, tenderness etc.) This baby happened to be blessed that day in sacrament meeting and was wearing all white which was an added bonus.

Then I had another kid come up and remove the "A" to reveal the answer "He sent His son a newborn babe, with peace and holiness".



Then we revealed the second question "How could the Father show the world the pathway we should go?" To help us think of the answer I had two kids come up and I blindfolded one of them and had the other lead him/her to the other side of the room. Then we revealed the answer, "He sent His Son to walk with men on earth that we may know."

The pictures with lyrics were again, printed from JollyJenn.

No comments: