Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Nursery

I was asked to start doing singing time with the nursery. It's a little hectic since there's two different nursery classes. With primary, that makes 4 singing times. So this last Sunday, I did singing time with junior primary, singing time with nursery class #1, singing time with senior primary, and singing time with nursery class #2. It was...fun?
I'm working on getting a collection together of visual aids for the nursery kids.

They each hold a star for singing, "I am Like a Star" and "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star."

Animals for "Old MacDonald Had a Farm".

Suns for putting up to their faces while we sing, "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam." Unfortunately, a few of the kids tore their suns apart. This project definitely calls for heavy duty paper plates.

3 comments:

Breanne said...

Amy, your my HERO! Super Super cute ideas!! I wish we had had you for our singing time in nursery!
You are so talented and creative! All the time and effort you put into everything really shows!

Clark and Liesel said...

I love all the things you make! You are so creative! The Farm and animals are adorable!

Kseg said...

I've been the nursery singing lady in our ward for over 2 years and I have done several of your suggestions. I thought I would post and tell you that after going thru tons of plates, I purchased yellow ones from the Dollar store, cut out the center and then laminated them. I have also taken the "pass a long" cards that have the temple on them, pasted them on sticks and sing I love to see the Temple. I am currently teaching them I hope they call me on a mission - I made missionary tags, laminated them and glue clothes pins to them and the kids get to look like missionaries while we sing. And my favorite (and the kids) is that I glue blue craft ribbon (several strands) onto Popsicle sticks and we sing Give said the Little Stream.